From Monday to Wednesday (Thursday morning if counting our overnight bus ride home), Pernille and I were on a little trip to osaka.
Though I will have to start this blog, with what happened Sunday. So, Sunday Pernille was out so I decided to go for a walk through Yoyogi Park, which is located more or less in the center of Tokyo, and right outside my front door! (Sch, we can all do a bit of boasting sometimes ;D).
I had only once previously been in the park and not on a weekend, so seeing it completely packed with people was a bit of a surprise. But a pleasant one. Everywhere people were having fun and enjoying life.
There were people dancing, singing, playing instruments, games, eating and even a guy practicing stepping.
But my favorite things would have to be the japanese rockabilly dudes that were dancing, looked like it was taken straight out of a japanese grease :'D and the four boys that looked like they were from a boy band, who were posing for a photographer. :'D
I found out after a while that there was a Laos festival too. So the parking lot close to the park was filled with great food! Nomnom, had homemade papaya ice cream! Mhmmm.
Oh, it makes me smile just thinking about that park that day. There's no way anyone could be in a bad mood, after walking through the place!
After a while I walked back to Harajuku and went to a cafe. At the cafe I met a random Swedish guy and we started talking for a bit. Turned out he was in Tokyo for a business trip for a week, but didn't know anyone there, so he hadn't really bin out, so we went for a beer. That one beer turned into quite a few more and 2 bottles of sake, before going to another bar and eventually ending up at a karaoke place for 4 hours, with all you can drink. This was my first time drunk in japan so far. I didn't think it was possible :O seriously, all the alcohol here is so weak, it's like water... Or soda. But I guess anything is possible, when you haven't had dinner, or actually anything to eat that day. Oh well.
I ended up being home at 4am... Which was probably the worst idea EVER!!!
Why??
Because Pernille and I had to get up at 5am, pack our stuff and be at the airport at 7am, to catch out flight to Osaka.
I was sooo unbelievably drunk when I woke up after my 1 hour of sleep. But I managed to throw some shit in my bag and leave the apartment in time.
While riding the subway I suddenly had an urge to throw up, so I managed to squeeze through some businessmen, out the door, and ran to the end of the platform before I through everything I had eaten the night before up (the Swedish dude and I had eaten ramen after our karaoke trip). Ew :( I never thought I would have to throw up in tokyo... And especially not at such a public place, in the morning :( bah.
Oh well, throwing up definitely helped me though :D.
We eventually made it to Osaka, and found our hostel. It was located pretty centrally, but in a really poor neighborhood. This was the first time I had really seen the bad side of japan. It was such a dirty place and filled with slightly mentally sick people and just really really poor people :(
We went for a walk around the place, but everything was closed down. It basically looked like it once had been an "in" place, but was now abandoned. It was really kind of scary and sad :(
Even the 100 yen shop looked worn down, with it's missing "1" and yen sign...
After strolling around for an hour or so, we decided to go into Namba, which is the central part of Osaka. Luckily at this time I was feeling much better. I was a bit hungover, but nothing too bad, I was just super tired.
In Namba we found a great shopping district, though while we were there, it started poring down. But luckily (and for some strange reason), the whole shopping district was under a roof. Woohoo, shopping in the rain <3 ;D
After a few hours we went home to try to get some sleep, before getting up early the next day for Universal Studios, which it be fair was the main reason we went to Osaka :D
The first day in osaka wasn't too exciting, not as exciting as the following two days at least. Tomorrow I think, I'll write at least one blog, on our Universal Studios experience, so check back for that. And for the last blog, I'll tell about my first Host Club experience! ;D












No comments:
Post a Comment