"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float / To gain all while you give / To roam the roads of lands remote / To travel is to live!"
- Hans Christian Andersen


May 5, 2014

Weird emotions and sushi-noobiness!

Today has been such a weird day! 

Couldn't sleep last night before 5am, which ofc meant I first woke up today at 2pm. Bah, already half the day GONE! Urgh.
I woke up and felt really down. Was so annoyed with my self that I was feeling down, especially since I didn't know why. It took ages for me to get out of my bed, so it was 5pm before I finally was out of the door, ready for my morning coffee. >.<'
The weather was really windy and gray, and apparently there had been an earthquake... Or so I'm told - I was sleeping! ;D





Took the train to Akihabara, though wasn't too sure that was where I wanted to be, when not feeling at my best. Akihabara was crazy. But again, a good crazy. Only saw about two streets, but loved what I saw! Though I'll do a longer blog at some other time on Akihabara, probably after spending some more time there! 





Seeing Akihabara definitely put me in a better mood, but was still not feeling right. I still had no idea why. 
After walking around for a few hours taking pictures, I decided to go to a sushi place. A sushi-go-round place (loving that expression). :'D
After sitting down, I realized I had no idea how to start. Meaning where we're the chopsticks, what was I supposed to drink, what sushi was good, etc.
After a few seconds (of probably looking super confused), the guy next to me kind of pointed to where the chopsticks and the cups were... Which ofc was right in front of me, but a bit hidden. He then proceeded to gently push the green tea powder over to me, though while looking the other direction, as if he didn't want to be too obvious helping me. I was such a Tokyo-sushi-noob! 
I took my first bite of a great looking sushi piece, but first too late realized it was smeared in wasabi, though under the fish. My mouth was burning! Out of the corner of my eye I could see the guy trying to hide a smile. 

After a few minutes he started talking to me..... In japanese. I understood that he was telling me, that if could order sushi without wasabi, but I didn't want to seem too noob'ish, so I said "nono, sushi good, wasabi ok!" Or that was at least what I said in the third try, after figuring out his English was just about as good as my japanese! :'D
The rest of the meal we kept trying to communicate in English/japanese (much to the amusement of the people sitting next to me). Not sure any of us reeeeally understood each other, but who cares! All good all good.

I left the place, and decided to head home. I found myself smiling a bit and generally feeling much lighter (not physically obviously, since I was stuffed with raw fish and rice). I realized that the reason I had been feeling down, was most likely because I had spent 3 days without talking to a soul.

I've always preferred being alone in stead if surrounded by people. But I must say, not being able to talk to anyone makes you really really lonely. Something I've never really tried before, since I've at least always got my mom at home to talk to...





Anyway, this is the end of a weird weird day, and this is my last night at this hotel. 
Tomorrow and the day after, I'll be spending at my host's places that'll be fun and different! :'D

No comments:

Post a Comment