So, it's been waaaay too long since I last wrote a blog. So much has happened since!
Here's a (kinda) long blog on my Saturday last week. I thought about writing a bunch of what's happened since then, but then the blog would be waaaaay to long. So... That's for a (near) future blog too ;D
These japanese rickshaws were everywhere and a guy really tried to convince me I should try it, but I'm waaaay to shy (and maybe a bit too self aware) to do that!
A few days after I went to Shibuya (my last blog), I went to a part of Tokyo called Asakusa, which is more the "traditional japan". It's got so e beautiful temples and the whole place had a different feel to it. Ofc, it was also completely packed with people, since it was a Saturday and the weather was amazing.
When I first got there I went to see the Sensō-ji temple. As you can see in the pictures, I couldn't really walk around and enjoy the view on my own, since it was absolutely packed, but it still got a few nice pictures, and I got to see part of a ceremony, though only from a distance.
After spending about half an hour at the temple, I tried to get lost around Asakusa. When lost is always when you see the most fun and unexpected things and even though I never really got lost (apparently it's just not possible for me in Tokyo), I did get to see some beautiful little streets... Or what ever I'm supposed to call them, not really sure street is the right word :'D
Decided to walk down to the water after that and went for a spontaneous water cruise. Water cruises are SO underrated. Even if they're a really touristy thing to do, you really get to see a lot of the city, and from a different view than you normally would. It took 90 minutes and was a bit pricy, but worth the money. Especially since I sat with some Americans and we talked about what we had experienced so far. They were some of the first strangers I really got to talk to! Woohoo :'D
Ofc, it's jnit just the water cruise that's interesting by the water, there's some artsy-fartsy giant golden radish-looking thing (some people have other ideas if what it looks like ;D), which I'm still not completely sure what is, though I think it has something to do with art... Or beer! - like I said, I don't really know. But then again, I haven't actually really looked into it.
Anyway, here it is, with Tokyo Sky Tree in the background too, which was the next thing I visited:
Like I wrote, Tokyo Sky Tree was the next thing I visited. Tokyo Sky Tree is a tower which is mainly used as an observation tower, broadcasting and has a few restaurants... And it's supposed to have a great view of Tokyo ;D. With its 634m it's the tallest tower, but the second tallest structure, in the world. So ofc I warned to check it out for myself ;D and you can probably understand. Haha
Anyway. When I got there, I had again forgotten that it was Saturday, so with a line that would probably have taken me a few hours to get through, I desided to skip it and do it some other day. Instead I found an aquarium which was also located in the tower, but farther down.
Woohoo, more spontaneous stuff!
The aquarium turned out to be super cool. It was quite small but was probably the most beautiful aquarium I have ever been in.
It was sepparated into 7 (if I remember currently) different rooms. The first one just had small ranks (kinda the size of what you would have at home... If you had a big home ;D). But where really well decorated, and set up so that they were super eco-friendly and didn't need much maintenance since they basically took care of them selves.
Coooool!!! Or rather SUGOI!!! Haha :'D
Farther in there was a room with jellyfish. More different jellyfish than I have ever seen before. Some of them no more than a few mm vide. So cute! - if you can call a jellyfish cute... I'm not really sure :'D
Anyway, was
What came after was the really cool part; an AQUA LAB!!!!!!!
I mean seriously. How many aquariums do you know, that have a freaking aqua lab. Soooo cool!!!!
Yay. If it wasn't for all the people. I would have tried to get a better picture, but it was hard to get one, that didn't have too many random people in it. *insert sad face*
The rest of the aquarium had different kinds of fish ranks (obviously), a pretty big tank with penguins and (yayay) SHARKS!!!!! Though unfortunately not very many :( but at least I got to see two different types <3
So happy I went there, and generally just had a great day in Asakusa!
To end the night, I took part in a local Shinto Festival, where I met some really nice Jaoanese girls. But I'll write a blog on that alone later on!!!!









No comments:
Post a Comment