"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float / To gain all while you give / To roam the roads of lands remote / To travel is to live!"
- Hans Christian Andersen


May 4, 2014

First impressions!


So, as my second day is about to come to an end (it is currently midnight), I shall write my thoughts about japan so far!





The flight coming over from Heathrow couldn't have been better. I doubt the plane was 1/3 full, so had three seats by the window for my self, unfortunately I didn't get to sleep much. Only about 2 hours, which ofc was when they served dinner, so was starving for the next 10 hours ><'





Getting the subway from Haneda airport to my hotel, was a bit harder than I first thought it would be. 
First of all, basically everything was in japanese and figuring out what ticket to get + figuring out what trains to take with the ticket I had bought took some time. But despite not talking very good English (if any at all) people were really friendly and helpful. 
Though when I finally got off at the right station, finding the hotel was the real struggle. It wasn't really located where the map said it was. 
I guy asked me if I needed some help, and ended up taking me to my hotel, even carrying one of my heavy bags. He ended up telling me him and his wife would love to take me out for dinner one of the days.
Omg, japanese people are the most friendly people ever!!!! 

First day was more or less spent sleeping, when I finally got to check in (3pm), hadn't slept for over 27 hours (and hadn't showered for the same... Mhm, so.... Smelly! ;D)

Day 2 started quite early (6:30am), played a bit in Pokemon on my 3DS before finally getting out of bed an hour later :'D. Went down to my local cafe (if there is such a thing, lol). Took the train to Harajuku afterwards, though got there too early since everything was closed. Apparently it first opened at 11am... I hadn't really realized it was Sunday :D
Had a mango smoothie from StarBucks. Nomnom!!!

Walked around Harajuku and suddenly the place was completely PACKED with people. Apparently it's Golden Week, so everyone (almost at least) is off... I've never seen so many people in such a small place before! Was absolutely insane. Especially when still as tired as I was! 

Here's a picture I took, not sure you can quite sense how packet it actually was!


Tried to find a place to buy a pre-paid data SIM card for my ipad or a pocket wifi thingy... No luck :( 

Anyway, that just about sums up my trip so far. Still soooo freaking tired. Hopefully I'll be more fresh tomorrow!

Oh, and I had my first real japanese meal today. Here's a picture from halfway through it ;D

Omnomnomnom!!!!!!!


Anyway, a quick list of my first impression of Tokyo:
- never have I seen such well dressed men!
- the women too
- Asian men have the BEST hair ever... They just really know how to style it
- japanese women have great socks
- everyone is so friendly
- the food is great

.... I love this place! 

Now I'm off to bed...nightly night <3





No comments:

Post a Comment