"To move, to breathe, to fly, to float / To gain all while you give / To roam the roads of lands remote / To travel is to live!"
- Hans Christian Andersen


June 14, 2014

Why I'll never make it in Tokyo!

So yesterday I did some more exploring around Shibuya and Harajuku.
I sorta got lost in this really expensive part of Harajuku, while looking for a cafe which supposedly has good coffee. Seriously, good coffee is not easy to find in this city... - and what better way to experience new places, than to get lost!? ^__^


While I was walking around looking at expensive shops and doing some people-watching (one of my all time favorite hobbies!!!), I started making up this little list, of why I would never make it in Tokyo. :'D
Here goes:
  - unlike everyone here, I have got absolutely NO SENSE OF FASHION. At all! 
  - with my lack of fashion sense, ofc also comes my complete lack of hair styling
  - I'm an awful shopper
  - but then again, shopping in this country doesn't work out for me, since I'm generally just too big to fit any cute clothes
  - I'm generally too white, and especially my legs have this blue'ish look to them, so I'd never be able to wear dresses and show legs all the time (ofc it's different when your a tourist. We don't give a s**t ;D)
  - oh, my legs/thighs are way too fat too. Lol
  - unlike every japanese lady, I actually do like wearing tops and showing of a bit of cleavage ;D though it's kinda looked upon as vulgar over here. :[
  - I can't wear high heels for a whole day... I think japanese women were born wearing high heels!!
  - I absolutely do not give a s**t about my nails, and I can't stand fake nails... It's a no-go
  - my humor is too sarcastic, most Asian people don't understand it at all :[ ... forever alone in my own sarcastic world!
  - I smile too much to myself and to strangers... I think people think I'm creepy. Lol
  - CUTE GUY OVERLOAD... They are everywhere!!!! Okay, this is maybe not a problem... Hihihi, I like it ;D but it does give me a bit of a pain in the neck from turning my head to look, constantly.... ;D

... Generally... I'm just too masculin!!! 
I guess now is the time to throw in a #firstworldproblems, right? ;D



I'll randomly throw in this picture from the robot restaurant, before going on to the next part ;D


Anyway, so I also had a look around the small streets of Harajuku in the evening. The sun had already set and I was just enjoying being a bit lost, when I came across a cathedral. I have no idea why I haven't seen it before, but it was so beautiful and really stood out amongst all the super fancy buildings. But then again, it was not reeeeally hard to miss at night ;D




After taking a few pictures of it, I started looking closer to the buildings around me. I've never before been interested in architecture, but after visiting Hong Kong last year, and now Tokyo, I've started to take a bit of an interest in it. I love oddly shaped buildings, and especially when the architect has played with the colores and lighting.

Not too far from the cathedral I saw this beautiful building. Again. I have no idea how I missed it before, but it could be that I simple haven't spent enough time in Harajuku in the evenings.




And up close


This is by far one of the coolest buildings I have ever seen!!!


Oh Tokyo, you never stop amazing me!!! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment